"Love to make music to"

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

today has been / the most perfect day / i've ever seen

Radiohead


I shared one of the songs from Radiohead's Live In The Basement session and thought I'd throw in another, Where I End And You Begin. The one above, Videotape, just consists of Thom Yorke on his own; probably one of my favourite songs, but you knew that already, having walked in on me playing it on the Steinway... (I apologize to the person that actually happened to). The good thing about this version (as distinct from the album one, or the one they usually play live) is that there's no hats (high or low) kicking in to distract from the piano.

Where I End And You Begin (Live from the Basement) - Radiohead

10cc

talk about album art for album art's sake, money for god's sake!

Godley and Creme were really reaching out for something with this song, I guess. As an aside, I've tried to do something with a loop of the opening part, should probably revisit that at some point. But anyway, in case you're unaware, 10cc were the art-rock band responsible for the hits Dreadlock Holiday ("I don't like cricket / oh no..."), Art for Art's Sake, and I'm Not In Love but, similar to Supertramp, they have a massive backlog of virtually unknown work, of which Headline Hustler is a standout.

Headline Hustler - 10cc


cellophane sunset...showcasing the evolution of splitscreens throughout the ages

- Eric

No comments: